After every use, clean the EleGARD and let it dry before returning it to the carrying case.
Do not immerse.
Caution: Cleaning Fluids
Do not allow water or cleaning fluids to enter the EleGARD. Use cleaning liquids on a dampened cleaning cloth. Avoid liquid pooling on the EleGARD.
Caution: Abrasive Cleaners
Abrasive powders, steel wool, industrial strength or solvent cleaners, and vinyl
“conditioners” or “protectors” and IPA solutions greater than 40% concentration should be avoided. Undiluted bleach, IPA or lacquer can dull or damage the product. If in doubt about a detergent or cleaner, test a patch in an inconspicuous place before applying in a larger place.
1. Raise the EleGARD to the fully raised position to clean.
2. Manually pull the gray headrest handle to extend the slide as needed to flatten the pleats in a smooth surface as needed for cleaning.
3. Remove the foam Neck and Shoulder Stabilizer Cushion for cleaning. To remove the Neck and Shoulder Stabilizer Cushion, stretch and detach the tether at each end of the cushion assembly and remove the cushion assembly. To replace the cushion assembly, center it on the EleGARD and re-attach the tether to each end.
4. Disinfect all surfaces with a soft cloth and/or soft brush and disinfectant. NOTE: It is important to clean the EleGARD after disinfecting per the instructions for use of the disinfectants listed below. Recommended disinfectants include:
Recommended disinfectants include:
- Cavicide or Cavi-Wipes
- PDI Sani-Cloth AF3 Germicidal Disposable Wipes
5. Clean all surfaces with a soft cloth and/or soft brush dampened with warm water with a mild cleaning agent.
Recommended cleaners include:
- Formula 409 All-Purpose spray cleaner Fantastik spray cleaner
- Hand dishwashing soap and water
6. After cleaning, rinse all surfaces with a soft cloth dampened with water and then dry with a clean, lint-free cloth.
Caution: Chemical Residue
Failure to remove chemical residue may cause discoloration of the coated fabric surface to occur earlier in the life cycle of the product. Always clean after disinfecting.